PWKI is a community-based Indonesian Catholic organization who resides in Chicagoland. The purpose is to serve and strengthen one another in the teaching of Jesus Christ through the Gift of Holy Spirit as reflected in the Books of Acts (2:41-47).
41. Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand persons were added that day.
42. They devoted themselves to the teaching of the apostles and to the communal life, to the breaking of the bread and to the prayers.
43. Awe came upon everyone, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
44. All who believed were together and had all things in common;
45. they would sell their property and possessions and divide them among all according to each one’s need.
46. Every day they devoted themselves to meeting together in the temple area and to breaking bread in their homes. They ate their meals with exultation and sincerity of heart,
47. praising God and enjoying favor with all the people. And every day the Lord added to their number those who were being saved.
PWKI will always strive to be a strong catholic-faith-based (Kerugma) community through liturgical and non-liturgical events to serve one another as one body of Christ (communal) and spread the teaching of Jesus Christ (diakonia) with heart full of joy and sincerity to be the light and the salt to its surrounding community (martiria).
Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father. (John 14:12)
- To strengthen the friendship between Indonesian Catholics who live in Chicago and its surroundings as integral part of the PWKI family.
- To deepen the understanding of Catholic faith and to serve one another as member of PWKI as one body of Christ with love and joy.
- To become the witness of Christ in our community through our deed based on Christian love.
- To enhance our Catholic faith through regular religious activities in liturgical (such as regular mass) and non-liturgical format (such as the rosaries and bible study/prayer meeting).
- To promote social act together with other organizations.
Do not grow slack in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. (Rome 12:11)
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; wisdom and instruction fools despise. (Proverbs 1: 7)